Fujifilm re-joined the medium format world today with its new GFX 50S camera with a truely massive 43.8 x 32.9mm CMOS sensor. No video internally or externally however. Details and pricing below:
New "G Mount"
43.8 x 32.9mm CMOS
1.7x larger than 25mm
4:3 Multi Aspect 3:2/16:9/65:24/5:4/7:6/1:1
Flange back 26.7mm
Focal Plane Shutter up to 1/4000th
Anticipated pricing in "under $10,000."
This pricing puts the camera in competition with the Pentax 645Z or Hasselblad’s mirrorless X1D.
Along with the new camera, Fujifilm also announced several new lenses. Initially launching in 2017 beginning with the prime:
- GF63mm 2.8R WR (50mm in the 35mm format)
- GF32-61mm F4 R LM WR (21-51 in the 35mm format)
- GF120mm F4 Macro (95mm in the 35mm format)
An additional three G Mount lenses will be released into the middle of 2017 and beyond:
- GF23mm F4 R LM WR (18mm in the 35mm format)
- GF110mm F2 (87mm in the 35mm format)
- GF45mm F2.8 R WR (35mm in 35mm format)
Price: "Under $10,000"
Release: Q1, 2017